Backing Up Favourites and Add-on Settings Before Running an Update
- By Admin
- November 11, 2015
- No Comments
Some of you have expressed a wish to keep your settings and favourites for add-ons after you have used the UPDATE addon to force an update. Here is how to do it:
1) Go into PROGRAMS from the KodiÂ ribbon menu
2) From here scroll down and choose XBMC backup
3) When you open for the first time and choose â€˜backupâ€™ you will get an error about setting the path. After the message has gone you will see this settings screen
4) XBMC BACKUP gives you the option of storing your backs ups locally to an SD card or USB key or remotely to a shared drive or DropBox account.Â For this instance we will store to an SD card plugged into the Droidplayer.Â Set the remote path type to â€˜Browse Pathâ€™ and scroll down to â€˜Browse remote pathâ€™ and select so you can choose where to store your backups. Choose ROOT FILESYSTEM/STORAGE/EXTERNAL_STORAGE/SDCARD1
Then click OK
5) Scroll down to â€˜File Selectionâ€™ and choose what you want to backup. Its advisable to uncheck â€˜User Addonsâ€™ unless there are a lot of addons you have downloaded and want to keep.
6) Once this has been setup press OK and come back out to choose XBMC backup again and choose BACKUP.
7) Once backed up, exit the XBMC backup program and then perform the update usingÂ UPDATEÂ which will exit KodiÂ after completion.
8) Once you have updated, go back in to PROGRAMS and XBMC Backup and choose Restore. Choose the last backup you completed (ignore message about updating Advanced XML reboot).
9) After you have restored, choose EXIT and Quit on the KodiÂ menu ribbon, then start KodiÂ again. You should now have your favourites and library information restored.